I picked Indonesia and Mongolia for this assignment because I know them to have dramatically different populations sizes and climates. I found that despite radically different population sizes and densities, they are at similar stages of population maturity and have similar growth expectations. They are both between stages 2 & 3 and in 50 years-- barring war or disaster-- they will both be at stage 3.

-----------------------------------------------------Mongolia                                           Indonesia
Males per 100 Females                          95.5                                                    100.2
People per square kilometer                2                                                          146.2
Number of children per woman          2                                                          2.1
Current Population                                3.1 M                                                   264.9 M
Estimated Population 2050                  3.7 M                                                   300.2 M
Est. Population increase (%)                 1.19                                                     1.13
Structure of the pop. pyramid             sharp bow at 30-34 & 5-9               soft bow at 40-44 & 15-19
Stage of pyramid                                    between 2 & 3; closer to 2             between 2 & 3; closer to 3
Future Pyramid Stage (2050)                3                                                         3