Blog 1 Introduction

Hey guys, my name is Godfrey Kilayko, I'm an active duty soldier currently deployed in Iraq. You guys must've seen the news a few days ago and all is well out here. I was born and raised in the Philippines, moved to the U.S at the age of 14, joined the army right after high school, and got stationed at Ft. Wainwright, Alaska (I hate the Cold). If you guys are wondering where I'm from back in the States, well guess what?   You guys ever heard of the phrase "First in Flight"? Yup you guessed it right.....I'm from North Carolina. Anyways, this is my first year in college (or I must say first year taking online college classes); I'm pursuing an associates degree in science and hopefully work on getting my bachelor's in the future. This is more of a back up plan for me in case I get out of the army and go back to school. I studied geography back in high school and it was one of my favorite class that I took HANDS DOWN! One of the places that I've been wanting to visit is Japan, because it's known for it's wonderful culture, great food and ANIME! Looking forward on having a good time in this class! And have a wonderful day!